HAGATNA, GUAM – JA Guam announced today that 2018 JA Company Program has concluded.
This island wide high school program unlocks the innate ability in students to fill a need or solve a problem in their community by launching a business venture – unleashing their entrepreneurial spirit.
An awards ceremony recognizing this year’s students’ accomplishments was held at the Latte of Freedom in Adelup on Saturday, Jan 19. Awards presented include:
- Company of the Year – ASTRAEA, representing Simon Sanchez High School
- 2nd place Company of the Year – NAPU, sponsored by GTA Teleguam
- President of the Year – Rachel Lin, St. John’s High School
- Finance VP of the Year – Brian Siongco, Sustieni sponsored by Bank of Guam
- Production VP of the Year – Vernice Tiru, Prumesa, sponsored by Bank of Hawaii
- Marketing VP of the Year – Julie Cheng, Napu, sponsored by GTA
- Highest Return on Investment – Astraea, representing Simon Sanchez High School
- Product of the Year – Astraea, representing Simon Sanchez High School
- Best in Show – Astraea, representing Simon Sanchez High School
- Best Annual Report – Sustieni, sponsored by Bank of Guam
- Best Commercial – Astraea, representing Simon Sanchez High School
Beth Lizama, Executive Director of JA Guam said “Both ASTRAEA and NAPU will represent JA Guam at the JA Asia Pacific Company of the Year competition in Manila, Phillipines in March. This annual celebration of success allows young people from this region to demonstrate their business acumen and spirit of entrepreneurship in a competitive environment which will engage business, education and regional leaders as well as the media. On behalf of the JA Guam Board of Directors, thank you to our company sponsors, students, parents, teachers, GEDA, UNITED and all our corporate donors who helped make this program successful.”
Junior Achievement of Guam is a non-profit organization that has served more than 5,000 Guam students since 1976.